Small Update: Soloing Elites as Unholy


Well, I just went as Unholy and soloed Blacktalon the Savage. It was about twice as easy as it was with the Blood spec. He died much faster (my gargoyle still had about 30 seconds left to go), and I didn't have to use a potion, it wasn't even close.

So unless Blizzard changes everything again, I'll be recommending the Unholy Tree in my Shadowknight Leveling Guide.

7 Response to "Small Update: Soloing Elites as Unholy"

  1. Unknown says:

    Any chance of showing us the spec you where and plan on using at level 80?

    Jame says:

    The level 61 spec I used to take the parsing and to solo blacktalon is shown in the previous article, it is linked just above the screenshot of the parse results.

    At level 80 it should look like this:


    Unholy leveling build up to 80


    Feel free to ask if you have any questions about my choices. :)

    Unknown says:

    Thanks I guess I forgot to hover over the word Unholy when looking for it =P , Last question since im not in beta just yet , I know you can buy a DK Flying Mount for 225 riding skill but did they make one you can buy for 300? Or its just going to be the regular race mounts/rep ones1

    Jame says:

    Apparently, the death knight specific mount you buy adapts to your riding skill, so the one you buy at 225 skill will become a very fast mount once you get the 300 riding skill. :)

    Dennet says:

    I just went through Nagrand with my Unholy DK (lvl 65-67, I skipped Nagrand completely) and I was able to solo all the elites there except Durn (didn't even try:-p), some of which had over 40k health. So it's safe to assume Unholy stays viable for quite a while regarding elites. I did kill off some as a ghoul after dying, but it was mostly due to bad rotations.

    Dennet says:

    Ehm, I skipped Terrokar completey I ment:-p Was halfway to 66 after Zangarmarsh.

    Jame says:

    That's good news Tarcyrian, it means I can add a bunch of elite quests into my circuits without having to factor in all that "looking for group" thing :P