Death Knight Starting Gear and FAQ

Short article today, I'm really busy with the Northrend guides so I'll make this quick.

I wrote a Death Knight FAQ, it's mostly for beginners who don't know much about the Death Knight class, but it should answer all the essential questions, here is the link:

Death Knight FAQ

I also put together a list of the gear Death Knights start with, including screenshots of how the equipment looks. You can view it here:

Death Knight Starting Gear

6 Response to "Death Knight Starting Gear and FAQ"

  1. Anonymous says:

    Hi,

    first of all I'd like to thank you for your efforts. I'm looking forward to the final result.

    Some remarks to you FAQ:
    - You could add a remark that it does not matter on which server the 55+ char is, one is enough to create a DK everywhere (seen this question a million times i guess)
    - Because of the above the answer at "Can I create several death knights" is wrong.
    - At "Do they get a mount?" you might want to add that they'll also get a flying mount (the plucked chicken atm -.- hope it's really just a placeholder): http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=40775
    - Maybe a small comment of weapon enchants (runeforging)

    The rest looks pretty good to me

    Jame says:

    Hey, thanks a lot for your comment.

    See, this FAQ might turn out to be educational for me as well :)

    Are you sure about that one level 55 character allows you to create a DK on any server? Because that seems pretty imba to me :P
    That means you could go on a new server and be level 55 right away, with everything that it implies in terms of farming gold. But then again, people can use the character transfers too nowadays, so you're probably right.

    About the flying mount, I believe they'll have to pay for it right? :P

    I'll add a section about runeforging :)

    Thanks a lot for the suggestions.

    Anonymous says:

    Hey,

    yeah i'm pretty sure, it's also stated that way on wowwiki ("Accounts will be limited to one death knight per realm and can make them on any server, even servers where you have no characters."), probably because of all the transfer options you have anyway.

    Good question about the costs. It seems to be special anyway since you buy it once and it adopts to your riding skill (slow mount at 225, fast at 300). But Blizz said there will be an updated model in the next beta push so maybe we'll get more information then. I'd like a small quest chain at 68, when druids get their flight form as well, but it's unlikely.

    Jame says:

    Thank you for the information. I've updated my FAQ, and I'll add the runeforge part when I get time later :)

    Matteo says:

    Hello Jame,

    Thanks for this post. This is useful for people who don't got the beta-key (Like me). I really can't wait to make a Death Knight and level it using your guides!

    Bye :)

    Jame says:

    You're very welcome :)