Starcraft 2 Beta will start on Monday 22nd of February

That's my hunch, and here's why:

1. The beta release was officially announced for the month of February during the blizzard conference call on February 10th. It was also confirmed the next day by Blizzard's official starcraft twitter account:


2. The Official Starcraft 2 Beta forums came online yesterday:

(click to enlarge image)

So why Monday 22nd?

Well, try to put yourself in blizzard's shoes. If you were blizzard and wanted a smooth beta launch, would you start it at the end of the week, when most of your employees have week-end plans and when most SC2 Fan in the world is done with their work/school week?

I think I would launch beta at the beginning of a week, so that if anything hits the fan, my team has the whole week to fix it.

Plus, if anything does hit the fan, there will be less people complaining about it on a week-day than on a weekend day, simply because they'll be busy with work or school.

It turns out Monday 22nd is the last monday of the month of February. Hence my hunch.

What's your hunch? ;)

1 Response to "Starcraft 2 Beta will start on Monday 22nd of February"

  1. Jame says:

    Well I'll be damned! Looks like they did their best to ruin my hunch ;)