Big Update: WoW-Pro Leveling Addon, Cataclysm and other news

Hello fellow readers, I'm back!

I apologize for being so inactive over the past few months, but I was going through some big changes in my life, so I didn't have the time nor the motivation to stay active on wow-pro and on my blog.

But now that things are back in order, expect frequent news and big projects from me ;)

WoW-Pro Leveling Addon Update - Cataclysm


1. There will be a Cataclysm Leveling Addon and Cataclysm Leveling Guides

  • Yes, you read that right. I will be writing together leveling guides for Cataclysm, and that includes a full revamp of the old Azeroth zones from 1 to 60. But this time, I will do it smart, which means I won't be doing this all by myself and run out of time before the Cataclysm beta ends.
2. How are you going to make a full Cataclysm Leveling Addon in time?

  • I will build a team made of wow-pro members, and they'll work together with me during the Cataclysm Beta to speed up the guide writing and leveling addon writing process.
  • Here's how it will work: we'll get Cataclysm Beta Keys, then I will assign zones to each of member of the team, give them advices, quality control their guides and improve them as I see fit until they reach the "WoW-Pro" standards.
3. Who gets to be on the Cataclysm Leveling Addon & Guides team?

  • Needless to say, the wow-pro top contributors will have priority, they already have the experience in guide writing and/or addon writing, plus they deserve to be asked first.
  • However, this is a huge undertaking, so new members will probably be more than welcome to help on certain aspects of the project.
4. Where do I sign up?

  • Nowhere for now, keep following my blog and I will let you know as soon as it's time ;)
5. What can I do to help meanwhile?

  • We will need Cataclysm Beta Keys, and I'm not sure I can provide enough on my own. So if you have contacts to get some beta keys and are willing to help with this project, let me know so I can plan ahead, that would be a huge help.
  • Keep on talking to your friends, guildmates and other gaming buddies about wow-pro, about the free quality leveling guides we provide there, and how helpful the community is.

Other News

HolyJame Leveling Addon Speed Testing

If you were following the progress of Holyjame, I'm sorry to let you know that there won't be a next chapter.

The reason is simple: with Cataclysm coming and the whole old Azeroth zones being revamped, it makes little sense to work so hard on the current 1-60 zones.

However, I will be doing a similar speed testing diary once we're done with the Cataclysm Leveling Addon ;)

My other big project

I lied, I haven't been completely inactive while I was away. I do have a big project going on, and yes, it's related to a Blizzard game. I can't reveal much more right now, but I will in the coming few days right here on my blog, you don't want to miss it ;)

Stay tuned, and thank you all for your patience and support!

11 Response to "Big Update: WoW-Pro Leveling Addon, Cataclysm and other news"

  1. Anonymous says:

    definitely glad to see you back !

    Jame says:

    Thank you, it's good to be back ;)

    I've got so much to blog about, I could write 5 articles right now, but that would be way too much spam after so many months of inactivity.

    I'll try to hold back and only post once or twice a day :P

    Yamael says:

    Welcome back Jame, you were missed!

    Lometa says:

    Welcome back! I've used so many of your guides and am so happy to read of your return :)

    Yay Jame!

    Needless to say I would love to help out with your Cataclysm leveling guide :) Sorry that I have also been less than active of late, I'm slowly trying to change that and am in fact working on bear and cat versions of my tree guide.

    D says:

    Glad to see you active again :)

    But about your guides, there is a problem.
    They are all designed with the idea of progress without help. However, except for a total newbee, it will not be the case.
    Who uses your guides? Beginners? Probably not, they are not aware of them. So, probably only experienced players use them. And they are, like me, often equipped with full heirloom, and only occasionally play rerolls who are always fully rested.
    And that changes everything ...
    I know it would certainly be a lot of work, but I wonder if a version of the guides "for pros" would not be more in tune with your audience.

    Good luck in all cases.

    Brune says:

    Hi jame! Great to see you back, hopefully for good this time.

    I was just thinking how it would be good to get back into wow-pro, and then I come over here and see you'd been back for just a day!

    Will be interested to hear your plans in the coming days, Brune.

    Brune says:

    Oh, and sorry to be a rep whore, but I never got my points for my Sons of Hodir rep guide (Over 6 months old now, amazing how time flies) :P

    Jame says:

    @Jiyambi You're the first person I thought about when that project popped in my mind.

    @D Actually a wide range of players use my guide, from total beginner to hardcore raiders.

    The total beginner mostly look for the guidance, which zones to go, tips to manage difficult quests etc.

    The hardcore raider just wants to level up as fast as possible, and my guides do exactly that, you can't find better optimized quest paths ;)

    @Brune This intolerable injustice has been rectified. I even found two old guides of yours that I hadn't rewarded!

    Which reminds me, everyone, if you published a guide that I still haven't given Karma to, just let me know! Send me a private message on wow-pro, direct message me on twitter, that way I won't miss it ;)


    @Everyone - Thanks for the warm welcome back!

    Thomas says:

    I am very glad to see you are back. I have used your guides much in the past.

    Since I am not an active contributor at wow-pro I am probably not a candidate to help writing the Cataclysm guide but I would love to "bugtest" if needed. I hope to get a beta key if it will be available via my battle.net account management.

    D says:

    "you can't find better optimized quest paths ;)"

    No i can't.
    Because you have'nt made them yet ;)

    Your guides are excellents, that's a fact.
    But when i create a toon, and let him play with full rest and full heirloom, i have to drop 50% to 66% of them, because things start to turn grey : heirloom + rest = incredible amount of xp with no effort.
    So, i think a faster way of leveling is possible.

    But i was not aware than total beginners made their way here too. And so, guides "with no help" seem more important to me now than guides "with heirloom and rest".

    Keep up the good work :)