Incredible Video - The Craft of War: Blind

I just have to share this, it would be a shame if anyone missed it.

I've made a lot of videos, so I know how hard it is to do what that guy did. Actually, I don't even know how hard it is, because I really don't have a clue how he managed to get such an amazing animation in his movie.

Even if you aren't into machinima, this is worth a look. Trust me :)


The Craft of War: BLIND from percula on Vimeo.

11 Response to "Incredible Video - The Craft of War: Blind"

  1. Likely the best wow video I have seen. I think on his site he stated that he does animation professionally. Very well done. Puts a lot of other videos to shame.

    On another note, thanks for your videos I always find them helpful and have started to record my own instance runs in hopes to help people as well.

    Awesome video, wonderful animation (how did he ever manage to animate the characters like that?! :D) and (unlike some people think) really nice music. Not my favorite type of music, but I think it really fits the video. I'm really looking forward to seeing more videos from this guy! ^_^

    Seth says:

    that is a really cool video, but I don't think any of it was recorded with the wow game client. He must have imported all the models into some video graphical editing software

    Dennet says:

    Amazing.

    Matteo says:

    Simply the best fan video ever made.

    The author clearly imported into some professional video editing / anitmation software, because the animations are not the standard blizzard ones, and the result is awesomness.

    There is just one bad thing: Blood Elf is just the "wrong" choice... I mean, an undead would be more sneaky for me :)

    BTW; thanks for linking this video, Jame ^^

    Unknown says:

    Wow, that was unbelievably awesome. Not a single spoken word but it told an amazing story. I'm still in awe trying to figure out how it was done.

    Thanks for the guides and thanks for showing us the other good stuff, Jame.

    Naudhr says:

    Omg, — in the best sense, — omg. You are definitely a master in sharing the best content with us.

    *departed to thank Percula as well...*

    Unknown says:

    Great video, I believe the models were imported into 3dStudioMAX or lightwave and after that the animation itself is quite simple.

    Unknown says:

    I'll never understand why people with such skill and artistic imagination hit the FAIL button when it comes to creating or enhancing the mood with music. Just give us some straight orchestration or choral with orchestra. Wow to the art and storyline. Meh to another fantasy theme set to pop music.

    Jame says:

    While I liked the song, I agree with you that it didn't really fit the video.

    A better music choice could have enhanced the epicness feel of the vid a lot.

    But hey, the guy is really gifted at video making, it's only normal that he's not also gifted in the music department, or that would be unfair, wouldn't it ;)

    I think the music struck the right tone for what the creator was going for. Fast paced, and conveyed the attitude he saw in the protagonist (antagonist?)