What are my plans?

I get this question a lot lately, so I'm gonna make a blog post and be done with it once and for all ;)

What are my plans in terms of guide writing:

  1. Finish my WoTLK Leveling Guides - Zul'Drak, Scholazar Basin, Storm Peaks and Icecrown. Both for Horde and Alliance.
  2. Release an addon version of my WoTLK Leveling Guides.
  3. Write a Gold Making Guide for level 80 players.
  4. Write a guide about how to use Key Bindings efficiently - I'll basically share exactly how I play my characters, how I bind my keys and the reasoning behind it. This has been asked many times, so that's why I'm doing it.
  5. Revamp my other 20-70 Leveling Guides and make an addon version of them.
After that, we'll see, by the time I'm done with all the above there might be a lot of new things in the game, so it would be pointless to make more plans for now, I think I have my hands full anyway.

If you have any observations or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment!

And if you are a guide writer on wow-pro or plan to become one, I'd love to know what are YOUR plans ;)

14 Response to "What are my plans?"

  1. Krepitus says:

    Jame, just wanted to say thanks. I'm a casual player, so your guides have been very helpful when it comes to maximizing my play time. Between you and Skeleton Jack, I've been progressing very nicely. I've had to take a few dtours to level up Herbalism, Mining, and Cooking, but I'm still moving along nicely. It's a bit confusing when the two sites are giving opposing advice. Thanks again, and don't stop doing what you're doing.

    daniz says:

    Hi Jame!

    First, let me say thanks for all the support you gave me in WOW: your guide is just brilliant (but you know that). The new formatting is even better that the previous, doing 1 chapter per zone is absolutely fantastic.

    The main reason I am writing is because I just want to give you some suggestion on your add-no plan. I don't know your technical backgroud and what your plan is, but if you feel that a couple of suggestions on how to implement your add-on are welcome, please reply and I ll write a pm.

    Hope this help. Thanks again for your guides.

    Anonymous says:

    Hi Jame,

    I've followed your guides on various characters (currently have a 72 shammy I've levelled with you guides from whenever they begin, horde side) and juts (although you obviously get this alot) say thanks. I don't think I can say your guides made levelling a pure blast of joy (although they definitely made it interesting) but they certainly removed the blind-man-in-a-dark-room aspect of normal levelling.

    I've recently created a Wow-Pro account, and I'm working on the first draft of a Bloodsail rep guide (I can feel confident in that AND in getting my gobbo rep back, having finished last night), which I hope to blitz sometime during the weekend. I will then work out what rep I want to farm next, and start writing a guide for it =D

    Thanks,

    Brune

    PS, does a SM + finishing Netherstorm fit in there at any point? I'm having to pick up all my quests and then work them out my self (quest helper being too messy).

    PPS I wish you very good luck with the addon, as (since addons can't interface with third-parties without introducing an element of exploitability) I really can't see how you're going to fit in all the text and images without it being massive. (file size wise)

    James,

    I've followed your guides throughout my time in wow. Even gone completely off track and done my own thing. Using your guide is awesome for when you just want to sit down and hack out a few levels in a short amount of time. I know I ended up going from 40-49 in about 8-10 hours on my rogue one day. Pretty sure it could have been more but was duoing quests with a friend to help him out. Keep up all the work and thank you so much for taking the time to create these guides for us!!

    sdr says:

    What a work ! Nothing to say except "my god ! you are a genius !".
    All your guides are great, so I just can imagine the best for the nexts.

    Keep writing =)

    Jame, I've been using your guides for a while now with awesome results. First and foremost, thanks a ton just for writing them.

    Second, an addon version of your guides would just be the icing on the cake. If you need any help with that, please let me know; I'd love to donate some of my time to that worthy effort.

    Thanks again for everything!

    I am quite excited for your addon. I know nothing about coding them but am a quick learner and would also be a willing test subject, so let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

    As for the plans of myself as a guide-writer: See my blog post about it!

    Jame says:

    And I just became your first blog follower Jiyambi ;)

    /flex

    Hello Jame.

    What I miss the most today is a guide for netherstorm and a guide for shadowmoon.

    In my spare time I am "resurrecting" an Alliance druid, who was sleeping since long, long months (since I now play Horde). I was at the beginning of Nagrand when I "dinged" 70 following your guide, he was at the end of level 72 when your 65-70 guide stopped. I only went in Northrend to learn professions, and I don't want to go and quest there before having achieved the Outland quests (I want to be rich later :))

    But I found nowhere an Alliance guide for Shawdowmoon...

    So, my opinion is that, for the "questing" process, such guides would be welcome. But of course after the Northrend ones are achieved :)

    Best regards,
    Souricette

    Unknown says:

    Brunes said it, and Souricette said it, and I'll say it like I did before:

    Just want to remind you, that in spite of all the Northrend hubbub, there are still Netherstorm and Shadowmoon Valley quest guides to write.

    I don't think of your guides as 'fastest way to level' (though they are, aside from guild-driven tag-the-mob-and-move-on powerleveling). I think of them as 'fastest way to fulfill the most amount of quests in the least amount of time.

    In other words - don't forget that your guides are ideal for finishing the 'complete X number of quests in a particular region' achievements. I am trying to complete those achievements in Netherstorm and Shadowmoon Valley and your guides would sure come in handy for the task!

    PeeDub says:

    /vote for Netherstorm + Shadowmoon Valley


    Love the guides!!

    You know Jame, that's a really good point - while your guides ARE amazingly awesome for leveling, they are purely quest guides. Perhaps you should consider rolling in the entire Loremaster achievement into your set of guides - just adding enough quests in Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms to get that achievement, in addition to the zone-specific quests in Outland and Northrend. Something to think about for the future, anyways :)

    Cody says:

    Jame,
    2 things that came to mind:

    I'd love to help you out a bit w/ writing a guide for keybinds, because I am a neatfreak about my keybinds, and since we both use Bartender, we at least have something in common- so maybe I'll shoot an email about that.

    Secondly, wondering if you've checked out Carbonite. There's a free version that acts like Questhelper, but more of a Google Maps style. The great thing about it is that instead of just giving a static point where to find some mobs, it shades the map for you to show the entire area where they are found. While it's not efficient like your guides, using it in conjunction w/ your guides is amazing... SO long story short, maybe using something similar for your addon project will be beneficial? Talk at ya soon,
    cody

    dfs says:

    I think it's great your creating a Tour Guide style addon for your guides. I actually have converted all your WotLK guides to Tour Guide format already (for my personal use only) because I'm such a big fan of the add-on, so I'm looking forward to not having to do it for the next next set of guides!