Wrath of the Lich King feedback

I've been playing the WotLK beta for about 2 months now, and I have experienced only about 50% of the solo content there is to explore so far, mostly because I'm working on my guides for both Hord and Alliance, which leaves me little time to progress.

However, I have to say that I am really impressed with Wrath of the Lich King so far. The quality of the zones, the quests, the lore, the loot, everything is really well done, far better than what we got for the Burning Crusade, and that's saying a lot because Outland was already awesome.

The biggest improvement for me has to be the lore, the feeling of being involved in the storyline, even while solo questing. What you saw in the videos I posted in my previous articles is just a small part of that, there are actually better quests that those. Better in every aspect, lore, fun, loot rewards. You are no longer considered as a random schmuck, NPCs treat you like a hero and rely on you to save the world.

I don't want to spoil too much, but I'll just tell you this:

Do not miss this quest chain in Dragonblight: [74] Audience With The Dragon Queen.

It is the most amazing quest chain I've ever done in World of Warcraft. Period.

To get this quest you'll have to complete several other mini quest chains in Dragonblight, starting at your faction's outpost.

Some numbers about this wonderful quest chain:

  • Number of quests in the chain: 25
  • Number of blue items rewarded: 3
  • Number of Dragons controlled: 2
  • Amount of XP rewarded by the last quest in the chain: 41000XP

And that's not all. You get to interract with several leaders of the Dragon Aspects, including Alexstrasza the Life-Binder.




You get to watch a beautiful cinematic, and even better, you get to fight a truly epic battle alongside your faction leader. Thrall if you're horde. King Varian Wrynn if you're alliance.

I'll say no more because that would be really spoiling it too much :P

Anyway, if you don't want to miss this quest, you can simply follow my WotLK leveling guides, everything is included in it, not a single quest is left aside. And I'm quite happy with that, because seriously, it would be a shame to miss anything on Northrend when the content is just so epic.

I just can't wait to get to the final zones of Northrend, if they are as good as Dragonblight was, we're all in for a treat.

5 Response to "Wrath of the Lich King feedback"

  1. Theizual says:

    Hey Jame,
    i have never commented one of your statements or in on of your guides, but first of all i wanna tell you that u are like a god to all wow players! I use your guides for the 4th time now to lvl up a char and looking forward to see your Wotklk Guide.

    Sometimes its hard to dont miss any quest because i play the game in German, but in fact that the guide is written very clearly and very understandfull, most of the time its not a problem.

    Keep going with what you are doing and i hope life will reward you for all the players out there you doing this work for. :)

    I wondered if it might be good to keep some quests in outlands and turn them in after i bought Wotlk and get some exp there for it.
    Still i think about leveling in outloands to get EP there cause i guess Nordend will be very crowded. What do you think about that?

    Jame says:

    I think it's a very good idea. I actually will try to write a little guide about 25 daily quests you can do before WotLK release and then a map showing the fastest way to turn them all in.

    I'm not sure I'll have enough time, but I'l ltry.

    Theizual says:

    That would be very nice. Are Dailys rewards Exp when u are 70? (in fact if u have wotlk)?

    Anyway im in the middle of lvl 66 right now and im at the point in your guide the char should turn into Level 64 right now. I guess its still okay if i finish your guide up to 70 when Wotlk is already released even im already 70 and take the Exp instead of the gold then, isnt it?
    And after that i start with your wotlk guide. Or u guess its not so good to be lvl 71-72 when starting with the wotlk guide?

    Thanks for now for your answer :)

    Jame says:

    Daily quests should normally give exp once you WotLK is live and max level is 80.

    Sunwell Dailies for exemple should give about 10K xp. We'll see though, I could be wrong.

    And yes it's actually a very good idea to finish my Outland circuits before going to Northrend, even if that means going there at level 72.

    Cody says:

    Any word on XP from the Sunwell Dailies? I almost went to do them release night, but I fell asleep like you did!
    At any rate, I did manage to go do the pally AoE grind out front of Black Temple. The mobs give low xp, ~350 - 550ish, but when you kill 30 of them in 2 minutes, not too bad. Incredibly boring though, so after 2-3 rounds I hit your guides, and sure 'nuff, 3.5 hours later I was happily 71!