Wotlk Leveling Guide - Another change

Now that I'm nearly finished with my Borean Tundra guide for the Alliance and Howling Fjord Guide for the Horde, I can say for certain that I have to change the order of my guides once again :P

It's quite simple really, for the Alliance, Howling Fjord transitions very well with Dragonblight, and for the Horde, it's Borean Tundra that transitions well with it. So the decision was inevitable for maximum efficiency, my Northrend Leveling Guides will now follow this route:

Alliance - Borean Tundra (70-72) --> Howling Fjord (72-74) --> Dragonblight (74-75)
Horde - Howling Fjord (70-72) --> Borean Tundra (72-74) --> Dragonblight (74-75)

This is final and I'm now 100% sure that it's the best way to go.
Release Dates have been updated accordingly.

Anyway, time for me to get back to work.

5 Response to "Wotlk Leveling Guide - Another change"

  1. Anonymous says:

    I think even horde should start in Borean Tundra. Because as soon as you hit lvl71 you should pick up the quest series: The Wondrous Bloodspore.

    After you finished that go to Chieftain Wintergale at Taunka'le Village and pick up the quest: Hellscream's Champion which has an amazing Axe as Quest reward. I used that Axe till lvl 77 on my DK

    Unknown says:

    In terms of lvl 70s going into the expansion would you say that for Horde it would be better to go through Borean Tundra first, then Dragonblight, leaving Howling Fjord for some time afterwards (for the money and/or rewards) if that person would be making good use of rested exp (plays less often, therefore gains more from the mob kills). Would he make it nicely into Dragonblight? I understand it's a subjective situation, but just a general overview. Thanks, and thanks for the guides, Dale

    Jame says:

    Even with full rested bonus, skipping Howling Fjord would mean you'd be somewhere in the middle of level 72 when going to Dragonblight, it still wouldn't be as efficient.

    Trust me, I've tried both methods, and skipping either Borean Tudnra or Howling Fjord is not the way to go.

    It works out, yes, but it's not as good.

    Anonymous says:

    Hey,
    will your levelling guide also include a discussion on the different races?

    Jame says:

    Uh, no. Because it makes no difference at all what race you are when you'll follow my WotLK leveling guides :p