Jame's WotLK Leveling Guides Sneak Peak - XP Rate

Hey guys, since you've all been patient and supportive, I thought I'd give you a little sneak peak at one of my quest circuits in Howling Fjord. I was quite satisfied with my circuits, but I didn't know they were going to be that competitive, anyway, just have a look :P

Howling Fjord Circuit Preview


Granted, I did this with my rogue in full epics and I knew the circuit by heart so I blazed through it, but still, 560K xp/hour is madness. Levels past 70 take about 1,500,000 on average, so you do the math, I could theoritically hit level 71 in less than 3 hours on my rogue, without rested xp bonus.

Of course, some parts of my guides are not that fast, because you have to travel to the next quest hub and such things, but most of the time, it's that fast :P

I can't wait to try some speed runs from 70-80 once my guides are finished.

17 Response to "Jame's WotLK Leveling Guides Sneak Peak - XP Rate"

  1. Honey says:

    Madness? THIS...IS...JAMES GUIDES! Sorry couldn't help it. :/

    Anonymous says:

    Impressive. I guess for DKs this will be around 350k because of equip and having to read the guide, but 4-5 hours per level is fine with me. Another option would be to read the next few chapters in advance before logging in to lower time spent reading. However this will only affect your /played time not the real time (except if you have to chance to read the guide at a time you can't play like *cough*work or college*cough*

    Looking forward to the final Horde guides :) Keep up the great work but don't forget to spend some time with those pesky annoyances of life like sleep and eating ;)

    Matt says:

    Wow, that is great news.

    How's the mix of XP from quests vs mob kills looking? Is it similar to TBC? I'm going to be multi-boxing two toons so my mob XP will be half since they will be in a party.

    That just made me think of another question, are there as many collection quests in WoTLK as with TBC or are there more just kill "x" number of mobs? I'm hoping for fewer collection quests.

    Greg says:

    Hey Jame, can I just say how awesome your guides are. A mate and I are already preparing to speed level our mains to 80 using your guides.

    On that, how much of an XP per hour loss would you have following the guides in a group of 2 or 3?

    Pharoahty says:

    That's funny I always say something is madness even before the movie 300 came out. But over 500k that is truly amazing. Can't wait to start your guides when they come out, but at the moment I'm using your guides to get to 70. I just hope to make it there before the 11'th of November. Keep up the good work :D

    Jame says:

    Madness indeed! :P

    @Matt It's fairly balanced. You generally have a kill quest coupled with a gathering quest and/or with a "find this item" quest, or a "use this item there" quest.

    @Greg Hmm, tough question. I don't think you'd lose much, there aren't that many kill quests, and you'll also save a lot of time when it comes down to elite quests, since you won't have to look for a group. I think it'd still be above 400k / hour for that circuit for example.

    Anonymous says:

    Hey Jame,

    I only did a very quick speed read of your guide because I like the element of surprise for when I get to an area.

    Once Wrath comes out and I hit that area, then I will study your guide like I'm preparing for the BAR.

    One question that I have for you regarding recommended Add-ons: You list FuBar as the main one.

    Is there any reason to take this one as opposed to Titan Panel? I used Titan Panel all through my leveling up to 70, using your guides. Is there something I don't know that maybe I should? Or is it all just a matter of personal preference?

    Thanks again dude.

    Jame says:

    It's personal preference, titan panel is just fine.

    This list of addons is a little outdated anyway, I'll make a new one soon :)

    Pharoahty says:

    I pretty much only use curse client for my addons, because I never really knew how to get the addons to work without it. And you can't download Titan Panel from the curse website anymore. They said something about making it not public and I'm not sure if that just meant from curse client or stopped making it. Do you still know how to get titan panel if it's better, or would fubar just be easier for an addon noob such as myself.

    ziah says:

    This is amazing! I love how nice the formatting looks now. Every step is its own line which for people like me that forget to read the end of a paragraph :) don’t have to run back after we hearth somewhere to turn in a quests we didn’t notice we needed to turn in.

    I can’t believe how efficient this circuit looks. If this is an average circuit I can see people getting 70-80 in no time at all. I was calculating 2 weeks for myself weeks before I saw this. Now I can’t imagine not getting to 80 in a week at a casual pace. If you decide not to sleep the Thursday-Sunday after release 2-4 days is probably possible. Obviously with server restarts and the competition for quest items and mobs the first few days are going to be quite a bit slower but I’m still very pleased with the XP rates in your circuit.

    Jame says:

    Fubar is fine and is updated more frequently than Titan panel, as far as I know, so I'd go with fubar.

    I'm really not a pro when it comes to addons though, this is just my personal experience and I'm happy with fubar for coordinates and xp rates.

    And Ziah, thank you! Hope you'll like my WotLK guides.

    Cloud9 says:

    I thought leveling from 70 to 80 was gonna take me a long time, but i guess you just proved me wrong. I can hardly wait, keep up the good work!

    Geanor says:

    GG. I can't wait to start my DK and level it with your guides. They have always been excellent !

    Whyzer says:

    Just a few questions:

    Is in this time included visiting vendors to get rid of unwanted stuff and mailing ah stuff to bank chr?

    How much time is wasted on individually looting, if any aoe part of quest, mobs you killed?

    Would a DK have faster progression even with worse gear than long term main character with t5/t6 gear to start in northrend?

    How much difficulty did you have with other ppl doing the same quests? since in TBC we had trouble with camping spawn points of some mobs especially elites or main ("boss") mobs parts of quest?

    Jame says:

    Q:Is in this time included visiting vendors to get rid of unwanted stuff and mailing ah stuff to bank chr?

    A: No

    Q: How much time is wasted on individually looting, if any aoe part of quest, mobs you killed?

    A: Not sure, I looted everything I killed while I did that circuit.

    Q: Would a DK have faster progression even with worse gear than long term main character with t5/t6 gear to start in northrend?

    A: Probably not, but it depends on classes. Some classes won't be able to solo certain elite quests, while DKs can. Also, DKs save some time with their riding speed bonus and with the ability to waterwalk. And they never need to drink too. Time will tell I guess.

    Q: How much difficulty did you have with other ppl doing the same quests? since in TBC we had trouble with camping spawn points of some mobs especially elites or main ("boss") mobs parts of quest?

    A: No difficulty at all, even when the beta servers were stil very crowded, it seems like Blizzard did a good job at spreadjavascript:void(0)ing the quests. However, we'll see how that goes on release day :P

    Janneman says:

    Can you please add the time it took you on future guides? Or just time it will take average gamers like me! :D It would also be nice if you can add time for selling/training/AH...

    It would be GREAT to see if I'm on par or wasting time while playing.

    Jame says:

    I'll try :)